Nowadays, homeowners do their floor coverings beautifully whenever they do the renovation of their home interiors. Considering their aesthetics should be prioritized according to their preferences. Buying a Polka Dot rug creates a beautiful impact on the house. They are famous for their retro style and can instantly change the ambiance. And it’s worth it to lose up your pocket and imagine it practically beside a visual appeal.
The retro polka dot rugs often get spoilt by choosing which one to go for, as it is hard to settle down on one. Firstly, discover the type of room. If the rug is for a kid’s room or living area, it should be prominent in size, and the material, its texture should be sturdy and stand up against spills, stains, and tear. Forgiving retro black and white impact to the house, one can go for silk or cotton as materials, also without worrying about foot traffic.
• Considering the styles of rugs:
• Wool rugs – Wool rugs are very soft and handwoven. Minimally it is maintained, and its material is naturally stain-resist; dirt and spills do not stick on them—this is what made wool rugs a natural choice for most rooms.
• Fiber rugs– These rugs give a very organic look and natural texture. They are flat knit or interlace, giving them an exciting pattern. And it can add up a casually elegant look to the rooms.
• Cotton rugs – These can immediately add up freshness to the rooms. You can find them in varieties of styles, patterns, and colors, and they are also very budget-friendly.
• Synthetic rugs – These rugs are durable, stain-resistant, and colorful. And are a substitute to those made from natural fiber. They are very cost-effective and discover very sophisticated and classy home decor.
• Consider large size rugs for a massive area.
Transforming the room, one should go for large-sized rugs, especially when the room area is massive, as it gives retro royal impact to the rooms and catches the eye quickly. While picking up the retro floor covering for the dining area, go for the more sturdy material to hold up the tables and chairs ideally, and it needs to be placed underneath the dining table.
• Make a check on its durability.
Make it a primary factor in discovering the longevity of the floor covering, as it should not serve you for a couple of years. Most people should go for the hand-knotted ones, which have materials like cotton, silk, wool covering them.
• Rugs can only go for weirdly shaped areas.
Seeing polka dot rugs for the bedroom, dining areas, the living room would be understandable. Still, weirdly shaped areas like narrow corridors, front of sofas, corner spaces, runners fit perfectly into it.
• Maintenance should be a priority.
Material of rug whether it’s hand-knotted, machine-made every material demand its high maintenance. Otherwise, it will not last long, and its retro-looking aspect will not be that much. Its elegant designs, textures, warmth all will go in vain.
One can do to avoid this situation to frequently turn the side of rugs of fading out from sunlight, hide down the stains, tear, wash it out properly as these retro polka dot rug will represent the house’s aesthetic.