When handling large amounts of critical data, it becomes very important to have data backup and recovery strategies ready. This means it is for the sake of your valuable data that you ought to have a good idea about data recovery and good data recovery companies.
A very large number of companies offer their data backup and recovery company and it is quite easy to get confused as to which one to choose.
Image Source: Google
A couple of tips may be helpful in making the right choice. Let’s discuss:
1. Proximity to your Workplace: Does the company have an office within a few hours reach from your organization? This can be critical while facing data loss or inaccessibility in your SAN, NAS or RAID server, which needs to be recovered within a short time period.
2. Scalability: Is the data recovery company capable of handling larger demands that may escalate as the data recovery needs of your organization grows?
3. Credentials: How many big clients has the company handled? What is their feedback? It may be a good idea to call up the technical people at the client end and make a few discrete inquiries.
4. Technology: Does the company cater to a wide range of products, operating systems and emergency situations? You never know what kind of problem can crop up tomorrow, and finding a new vendor at that point of time could be more problematic.
5. Training Facilities: Is the company capable of imparting training in the best practices to your employees, so that the chances of data loss can be minimized?
These are some of the things you should think about when you hire the best recovery system.