This is true that every dog needs mental and physical stimulation. We all know that our pooches love playing with toys. The mental stimulation provided by the toys teaches them important life skills to prevent unwanted behaviors from developing as they get older.
Enrichment dog toys can help to prevent the following behaviors:
- Anxiety and fear
- Attention seeking behaviors
- Digging in the backyard
- Puppy Mouthing
And so on…
If you have multiple dogs at your home, then you must give them the enrichment toys separately so that they would not get aggressive or they do not argue over the new high-value items. These dog toys are a great tool to provide enrichment during mealtime; they slow down your dog’s eating habits. These toys can enhance the pup’s ability to learn and develop new skills. It encourages the dogs to promote their natural behavior such as playing, foraging, and exploring.
While serving food to your pup’s in enrichment toys keep these things in mind:
- Teach your dog how to get the food out from the enrichment toy.
- Always choose toys of the right size.
- Add creative healthy treats and change recipes to retain your dog’s interest.
- The most important point is always to make adjustments to the calories count. If you are adding peanut butter into the enrichment toys add 1 glass of hot water to balance the present calories into it.