The Kona Coast of Hawaii – Where Is That?
The Kona Coast is the northern coast of the Island of Hawaii. The town of Kailua-Kona is centrally located.The Kona Coast is about an hour drive from the Hilo airport where most travelers arrive when they visit this beautiful island.
The Kona Coast is known for its diversity in landscape, climate, and economy. The nearshore waters are warm and calm due to being protected by a wall of mountains extending underwater 5 miles out from land. The shoreline has white sand beaches with crystal clear water perfect for swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving or just sunbathing on the beach.
5 Reasons Why Exploring the Kona Coast is a Must-Do While In Hawaii
1) Kona Coast is a must-see destination for any nature love.
2) The combination of lush vegetation and the blue waters make it a great place to explore the outdoors.
3) There are many resorts that offer yoga on the beach, which is a perfect way to start your day.
4) For those looking for adventure, there are kayaking tours available as well as mountain bike rentals from various rental companies just off of Kealakekua Bay Road.
5) Visitors can enjoy a number of shops and galleries on Alii Drive in historic Kailua Town, or on Front Street in downtown Kona.
Planning Your Vacation to the Kona Coast of Hawaii – 3 Things To Know
This article will provide you with some helpful tips to make the most out of your vacation in the Kona Coast of Hawaii. If you are interested in visiting the Kona Coast of Hawaii, then this article will provide you with five quick tips to get the most out of your vacation. The Kona Coast is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in all of Hawaii. It is situated on the western coast of the Big Island and is home to two beautiful beaches: Hapuna Beach and Kua Bay. It offers tourists breathtaking natural scenery along with some incredible opportunities for outdoor activities.
The following are 3 things to know about visiting this part of Hawaii:
1) There are plenty of hotels and resorts nearby, so there will be no shortage of lodgings;
2) The area has some great surfing spots that offer challenging but manageable waves;
3) You can take a guided hike or horse
If you are not sure whether this is the right location for your next getaway, read on to learn more about it!
Kailua Beach Park & Lanikai Beach Park
Kailua Beach Park has a huge beach and a lot of facilities for tourists. The Papaloa Store is a renowned shop that sells food and drinks. There are many historic sites in this area, including the Paui Tower Museum. Lanikai Beach Park is one of the most popular beaches in Hawaii as it offers some of the best views on Oahu. Lanikai Beach Park has been ranked as one of the best beaches in America by various travel magazines and newspapers.
Lanikai Pillbox Hiking Trail & Kaluakua Cave Sanctuary
This trail is a six-mile roundtrip hike that leads to a historic military lookout site. There are many other hikes in the Lanikai Pillbox trail including one called "Crouching Lion" which has a 600-foot elevation change. Along the way, you will be able to see different kinds of wildlife such as wild turkeys and quails. This trail is a great place to visit if you just want to relax and enjoy nature.